For up-to-date information see HBA Coaches FaceBook
Current BE Coaching Courses
All courses are delivered by BADMINTON England except the BJHA which teachers can deliver themselves.
– Badminton Junior Helpers (BJHA course) – 14-19– Contact email@example.com or 01908 268400, £6-7 per candidate plus tutor cost of £150 if not delivered by teacher
– Young Leaders Award 13+ Can be delivered by school teachers and BE Registered coaches: requires licence to deliver and obtain courseware.
Annual licence £150
– Badminton Young Officials (BYOA course) – 14-19– Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01908 268400, £8-9 per candidate plus £140 tutor costs
– SmashUp! Activator (SmashUp! Activator Training) – 17+ –Contact email@example.com or 01908 268400, £99 per candidate (Includes DBS & Safeguarding cost – less if already held) Alternatively, following a successful assessment, applicants qualify either by workshop, online course, or successful Mentoring by a current SmashUp! Activator, See BE SmashUp! webpage.
– Level 1 Assistant (UKCC Level 1 Award in Coaching Badminton) – 16+
–Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01908 268400, £215 BE members, £225 Non-members (Includes a years free coaching register membership). Level 1 coaches are insured and qualified to:
- run a session which is written by a level 2 but they must be under the supervision of the level 2 at all times during a session and they cannot give technical or tactical coaching.
- deliver pre written sessions by BADMINTON England independently ie kicking up a racket and BISI.
– No Strings Badminton Coordinator (Level 1 coach ideally – DVD Resource) – 16+ –Contact email@example.com or 01908 268400
– Level 2 Coach (UKCC Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Badminton) 18+ –Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01908 268400, £355 Register Coaches, £370 BE members, £380 Non-members (Includes a year’s free coaching register membership).
– ESSENTIALS Coach (Online Essentials Course – Level 2 Coach) – 18+ –Contact email@example.com or 01908 268400, Free online course for all level 2 coaches
– Level 3 Coach (Performance Orientated) (UKCC Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Badminton) –Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01908 268400, £750
Teacher Training Courses:
– BISI Primary (Teacher training for Primary School Teachers) –Contact email@example.com or 01908 268400, £50 per candidate
– BISI Secondary (Teacher training for Secondary School Teachers) –Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01908 268400, £50 per candidate
Courses for officials Details for Officials Assistant, Referees and Umpires, appear on the BE website, click here.
Courses to qualify as a Coach Can be found through the Coaching Course menu links on the left, or click here .
Personal Performance Sports Centres often run courses for groups either organised by themselves or through other agencies such as individual coaches – see list below, Herts Badminton Association, BADMINTON England or Herts Sport Partnjership. See the link for Sports Centres, on the left, for contact details.